We run an aptitude assessment for all applicants and pass this information on to you to help with your selection. This helps establish the level of qualification they can work towards.
For technical roles, we assess your candidates in:
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Reasoning
- Principles of Measurement
- Spatial Relationships
- Understanding Electrical Principles
Our assessment software produces a report for you like this:
For office based roles, the assessment is geared towards, English, maths, communications, problem solving, ICT skills and so on.
Assessments can be held at your site if you prefer, so that you can meet your candidates and carry out a short interview.
You can then invite back the applicants who are the most suitable for a more in depth meeting.
Just a reminder of the equivalents between the old GCSE grading system and the current one.
The Standards that your apprentice will work towards will more or less be equivalent to the qualifications shown in the chart below.
Once you have made a job offer and your apprentice is in place, you will receive ongoing support through regular visits from your Sigta Training Officer throughout the programme. We cover engineering (mechanical, welding and fabrication, electronics, electrical & plant maintenance), business & administration and manufacturing, providing comprehensive support during all stages of the apprenticeship process.
We can help you with:
- Recruitment and selection
- Development of Individual Learning Plans
- Facilitation of on-the-job training
- College day-release
- Training reviews and action planning
- Assessment of qualifications in the workplace
- Certification of achievement
- Reducing costs through the use of government funding, where applicable